Saturday, May 17, 2014

It's Been A Year

Guess what today is!

Not my birthday.

Wedding anniversary was last month.

Already had my bath for the week.  (wish I was joking . . .)

Give up?

Good, 'cuz you'll never guess.

Today, May 17th, is my one year blogiversary!!!

I have documented the ups and the downs, the good, the bad and the downright ridiculous for an entire year of my life. 

*It's been fun!

*It's been therapeutic!!

*I finally have an answer for when mom remarks, "You really should write all this down.  Some day you will regret not having these memories recorded." !!!

I don't have any fancy raffles or giveaways to celebrate with.  Shoot, I don't have any pictures up yet!  Fact is, the most important topic burning to get out of my mind and onto the world wide web at present is cold cereal.  More about that in a minute.  For right now I just want to say thank you to all my friends and family out there.  Thank you for loving me and praying me right through the past twelve months.  Thank you for supporting these rambling chicken scratches that represent what's going on in my head while I wash my teeth, brush my face and leave the salt out of the bread.  Thank you for leaving encouraging comments, they really help keep me going.

OK, the baby is nearly finished eating so I need to wrap this up.  I know you are all dying to know what I could possibly have to say about cold cereal.  Let me start by saying: It's awesome!!!  I love cereal!  You won't find any disparaging posts about Capt'n Crunch here.  Sure, it's pretty much all fake nutrition.  It's probably red dye number 40 and Roundup infused.  But hey, a little genetically modified corn syrup and GMO grains never killed anybody.  Or at least not many.  It tastes good and pirates eat it and that's all that counts.

Or not.  I do let my kids eat coco frosted sugar bombs.  But, I have a secret I will let you in on, only because it's my blogiversary.

Here goes. . .

Top Secret Cereal Mix

1 box of ridiculously bright colored, disgustingly sweet cereal (like Fruit Loops)
1 box of ridiculously boring cardboard flavored cereal (like Cheerios)

Pour both boxes into the largest mixing bowl you own.  Fold gently until mixed.  Pour the new and improved, healthier, cheaper, yummier cereal back into both boxes.  If you do this at the dark of the moon with the shades closed then no one will be the wiser.

Some of my favorite mixes are:

Store Brand Special K with strawberries and Bran flakes.  This would make pretty killer bran muffins methinks.

Frosted Mini Wheats, any flavor and Shredded Wheat.

Chocolate Pebbles and Grape Nuts or Rice Crispies

Chex and Life

That's it.  My Mommy Break just ran out.

Happy Saturday, y'all.