Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Change of Plans

I had my day all planned out.  The logistics were impeccable, right down to the post I planned to write later this evening.  A fun recipe featuring baked potatoes and The Scarlet Pimpernel...  But I digress.

The itinerary looked something like this:

Start school promptly at 10
Lunch at 12
Leave by 1 so that I can:
Go to the bank and library,
Dr office 1:50
Chiropractor
Get glasses adjusted
Go to the State Fair!
Have FUN FUN FUN!

I made it as far as the bank.  And was promptly arrested by gagging noises in the back seat.  Elle is sick.  And she refused the trash can I shoved under her face.

Sigh.

I rescheduled with the Dr.  My second cancellation in a week.  At least I can see his P A tomorrow.  But I do miss Dr Silver!

I went by the library and returned my un-recheckable video and grabbed some Sick Day movies.  Winnie the Pooh, Wishbone, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Reading Rainbow and a Nova special about a volcano threatening a city in Africa.

I ran into Walgreens and stocked up on milk, eggs, frozen pizza and theater candy.  The poor kids just had corn dogs and funnel cakes and cheese on a stick yanked away from them.  It's the least I can do...

Except now Elle is crying, pointing to the Skittles and saying "Candy, cute!  I like it!"  She doesn't seem very interested in the crackers.

So, God stepped in and re-scheduled the day for me.  Time for me to go enjoy some unexpected snuggle time.

TTFN
Ta-ta-for-now!

p.s. I'll try to post about baked potatoes later.  Try to contain your excitement