Thursday, August 29, 2013

Home Remedy, Not!

excerpted from my Facebook status, because I'm too tired to write it out again...
 
Okay, this is embarrassing...
I've been feeling like I might be coming down with a cold, so I dropped a fizzy Emergen-C tablet in my glass and went about my business while it dissolved. I came back to drink it and thought, "Hm, this doesn't taste very good." But I stoically chugged the whole glass down. Immediately I begin to feel ill, my throat is burning and I start foaming at the mouth. Someone had squirted a sizable amount of Palmolive dish soap in my glass!!!! And I actually drank the whole thing!! Poison Control assured me I won't die, and through snickers asked me how old I am. What they should have asked is my hair color... 
The perp confessed. He thought the fizz was an experiment his brother was conducting and that adding soap would have a scientific benefit. When nothing exploded he walked off and forgot about it. I'm feeling a lot better now. Not something I'll soon forget.
I'm just glad it wasn't bleach or anything actually dangerous. And since it was the "antibacterial" variety, maybe it will beat this cold.