Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ethics

Is it morally wrong to vacuum up lego pieces?  On purpose.

What about sternly admonishing the boy who is spraying whipped cream into his mouth, when you know that you did it in the laundry room 5 minutes earlier?

When one boy stole the others wallet to put his own 3 quarters and 1 penny in it to take for the church offering plate, and the other boy confiscates the wallet with the money and keeps 2 quarters for himself to "offer" while the first boy howls about how he deserves to be the one who gets all the credit for making such a large offering,  can't I just leave them both on the side of the road?*

Am I a bad parent if I don't spend 2 minutes brushing each child's teeth?

I'm just joking!  Don't hate me!!  The real question is, am I a bad parent if I can't find the baby's tooth brush and it's been a few days, so I just use her brother's brush without telling him?

It's not really lying to blame the sudden odor on the toddler in my lap, is it?

What do you think?  Do y'all out there in blogger land have any ethical dilemas of your own?

*rhetorical question... no one was actually left.