Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Power Outage

I was awakened last night by the text alert on my phone.  I have it set to go off every two minutes until I check my text.  Which can cause some problems, such as trying to have an important conversation with the doctor at the hospital and the dang thing won't shut up and I don't want to interrupt the doctor to dig it out of my purse.  But I digress...  The long and the short of it is, there was a tornado warning, on the other side of the county.  That's when we noticed our power was out.  I fell asleep, dreaming of a dystopian Amish-type community where I was going to have "natural" surgery to fix my veins.  I then realized that natural meant no anesthesia...  And the surgeon was a sadistic, Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman.  Armed with a butcher knife and hatchet.  It was a long night.  The power is still out.  According to PSO, it may take a few days to restore power.  Time to light an oil lamp and dig out Little House On The Prairie!