Thursday, June 6, 2013

Where I Stand

I am a sinner of the worst sort.  If I died and went to hell, God knows I deserve it.  I cannot say for sure if I am one of the "elect", for this is too high for my understanding.  But this I know: there is no help and there is no hope outside of Christ.  So I say, "Here I am, Master, do with me as You will.  I am not worthy of the least of your mercies.  But if You slay me, it will be with my hand on Your robe.  If you push me aside and say "the meat is for the children and not dogs', I will say "True, Lord, but even a dog like me depends on crumbs.  You are my only source of crumbs."  If You dare me to leave with everyone else, I will say, "Where else could I go?  You alone have the Words of Life?  I will not let You go until You bless me.  And if I perish, it will be with 'Jesus only' on my lips, because there is no other Name."  And here is where, by God's Grace, I stand.